Are you having trouble getting into the groove of Periscoping daily? Take a look at these great tips to help you get started:
1. pick the right time for you and your audience
- It’s important to choose a time for your scoping to have as many viewers as possible. You want to scope at a time that is convenient for you, but for your audience as well. So, during common work hours or in the middle of the night probably isn’t the best idea (unless you’re trying to reach people from out of the country).
- Think about it: what would be the best time in your schedule for you to reach out to the most amount of people, but that’s also a good time for you? Figure this out and you have your Periscope schedule!
2. book it into your calendar
- As busy entrepreneurs, we have to schedule our time very wisely. Adding daily scoping time to your calendar is the best way to make sure your Periscope broadcast gets done. Scoping is a lot easier to get done if you commit to it in your calendar.
- But remember, if you’re going to broadcast, you also need to commit to being present. Sure, you can Periscope while you’re focused on something else, but make sure to pay attention to your broadcast and your audience.
3. Don't overthink it
- The best thing about Periscope is that it’s spontaneous. This means minimal preparation! People don’t want scripted shows anymore. They want unscripted, reality TV. Shows that are authentic and better-connected.
- Going to a business meeting? Scope on your way and tell your audience what your meeting is about. Heading to a networking event? Share some of your favorite networking tips in a Scope. Anything can be a topic with quality and value if you want it to be and that means less stress.
- More than that, you can make it fun for yourself! Periscope can be a lot of fun, especially because of audience engagement and colleagues also scoping. If you have a good time with it, you’ll look forward to scoping every day!
Ready for more? Download 5 Ways You Can Elevate Your Influence Using Social Media!